Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting vendor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to run a blog, email accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by various hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the load between individual bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an enormous amount of pics with comrades or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mail addresses. Some vendors provide web page hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you want to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many videos as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a web site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At NUTZ Store, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for particular web content solely.